Experience Breeds Confidence
No one’s born confident and what you see when you meet a confident person is the result of years of accumulated experience. I am the exact same way and when people tell me, “Jimmy, you’re so confident. I wish I was that way,” I tell them about my story. I wasn’t always confident. I didn’t have a lot to be confident about.
I used to be 100 lbs overweight, a 3 time college dropout, and living back home with my parents in my mid-twenties with zero prospects on the horizon. I am not that person anymore because of the hard work I’ve put in over the years and I am as confident as I am now because of that work.
Things You’ll Learn About in This Episode
- The person you see before you now hasn’t always been that way.
- Confidence is built over time. No one’s born with it.
- Focusing on what you can control will start your road to greatness.
- The universe will not present you an opportunity you aren’t ready for.
- Your struggle is the catapult that will change your life.
- Not getting derailed by things that are outside of your control.
- Being uncomfortable is the first step towards making change.